1. Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday! Honestly, I had one of those "what the heck do I blog about today?" moments which rarely happens. Usually I have too many ideas.
2. Brent and I both have poison ivy. I always thought poison ivy was totally over played. I've been in the woods so many times and never gotten it, and I really thought people were over reacting when they'd say, "Oh watch out for poison ivy!" Like, what's the big deal? It's a silly little rash! I have never been so wrong. Poison ivy is a crazy, mean beast. I am tempted to put some photos of our legs on here, but I don't want to scare people away. Brent's has actually gotten infected - it looks like he has gangrene. He's on all sorts of drugs now to combat this ugly monster of a plant - needless to say, we'll be wearing long pants next time we hike.
3. Still waiting to hear about the Mural Competition. I wish they'd let us know already.
4. Very excited to announce that I will be teaching two classes this fall at the Academy of Fine Arts here in Lynchburg! During September I will be teaching "Mixed Media Workshop" and Novemeber I'll be teaching "Art Journaling 101". VERY EXCITED to teach these two classes! Will share more about that once we get started.
5. I am LOVING this whole freelance thing. As an artist, I am just not wired to be in the same place at the same time, day after day. I will miss my students, and a lot of other things about the classroom...(steady paycheck, insurance...you know, all that stuff). But, it is such a wonderful feeling to know that I'm out here doing this. I'm surviving as an artist. God is providing. I'm making stuff and selling stuff and I'm busy and I love it. And, well, I stay in my pajamas for a really long time somedays, sometimes I stay up late working because I'm not worried about waking up at 6 am the next day, and there are NO FACULTY MEETINGS in my studio. (Oh wait, I hardly ever went to those....). It is so nice not having the Sunday Night Horrors as well (if you've ever been a teacher, you'll know what those are).
A few more...I'll try to post some of the things I've been working on soon, because I'm in the midst of a lot of projects. =) I need to get back to working in my sketchbook soon too. And I want to do a 365 project, something to do with hand lettering, but I don't want Lisa Congdon to think I'm copying her. I have 13 tomatoes growing. We are really enjoying going to our church here in Lynchburg, Gospel Community. Excited for the inlaws to visit this weekend. Makes me miss my parents though.